Kids With Heart
Children Giving Back
We love when young people are interested in our House and want to help support our families. Volunteers form an integral part of the Ronald McDonald House family and your support is deeply appreciated. Unfortunately children having access to the House must be limited due to the presence of patients who are not able to fight germs. Children must be at least sixteen years old to volunteer inside the House, and those under eighteen must be accompanied by an adult. Even if you cannot volunteer within our House, there are many ways in which you can contribute to the “House that love built.”
Ways to Give Back
- Collect items from our “Wish List”
- Kids can host their very own “Wish List Drive” at their school, church or even among their friends and then choose a date to deliver these items to our House.
- Make door decorations for each of our 21 bedrooms
- Have your kids make a craft (wreaths, handmade projects, etc.) and attach a string to it so we can hang them on our doors
- Make goody bags for our families
- For the kids:
- Collect items like baby items (socks, pacifiers, onesies), puzzle books, toiletry items, small toys, etc. and make goody bags with them.
- For the parents:
- Collect items like personal-sized toiletries, stamps, stationary, cards, magazines, books, etc. and make goody bags with them.
- Please do not include any food or candy in goody bags.
- For the kids:
- Start a piggy bank and donate money to the House
- Collect pop tabs from family and friends
- Host a pop tab collection among your school, church or even among their friends and then choose a date to deliver them to our House! Great for kids!
- Create cards for the kids and families at our House
Can you think of more ways to help the Ronald McDonald House?
We would love to see pictures or hear stories of your project. Please call if you have any questions or ideas!