Stay With Us
The Ronald McDonald House strives to provide a sense of family and home to everyone we serve. We welcome families who reside outside 30 miles from the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital in Greenville, North Carolina. Families are typically referred to the House by social workers or local physician offices.
What Families Can Expect:
- Upon arrival, each family goes through a brief orientation and tour of the House.
- Anyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to check in.
- Families stay in a hotel-style bedroom with one or two double beds, a private bath and a private phone.
- Doors to the outside and to the bedrooms operate on combination locks, allowing families to come and go as if they were at home.
- Families at the House can:
- Rest and relax away from the hospital setting
- Prepare their own meals or enjoy evening meals donated by local community groups
- Watch TV, movies, enjoy Xbox 360 and Wii game systems
- Have use of two computers and free wireless internet for laptops
- Do laundry at no charge, using supplies donated for family use
- Seek comfort from other families in similar situations
No one can be admitted to the House under the age of 18 without a parent or guardian accompanying them. The Ronald McDonald House requests a nominal donation of $10/night from each family, but no one is turned away if they are not able to contribute. Families are free to check-in and check-out during business hours between 7:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. seven days a week. For more information, please give us a call at 252-847-5435.