A Gift of Your Time is One of the Most Rewarding Gifts of all.Download Volunteer Application HERE
Just take a look at the ways YOUR TIME can help:
Regular Ronald McDonald House Volunteer
- Time Commitment: 2 hour shifts, weekly or bi-monthly
- Located at 529 Moye Blvd.
- Perform House duties (cleaning, straighten-up, organize). These volunteers are crucial to the operation of the House.
*We are currently seeking individuals or groups to commit to a regularly-scheduled time slot seven days a week, between 9am & 9pm. Contact Meghan King if you are interested.
Ronald McDonald House at Vidant Medical Center Volunteer
- Time Commitment: 3 hour shifts, weekly, bi-monthly or monthly
- Located inside the James & Connie Maynard Children's Hospital at Vidant Medical Center
- Assist families in the kitchen & laundry areas and ensuring a warm, welcoming environment
- Time Commitment: 25 hours during a semester of your choice
o Semesters run January-April, May-August, and September-December.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Complete the Volunteer Application and email it to Hannah Caton. She will provide information for a background check as well as further instructions.
- Perform similar duties as above, depending on requirements
Special Event Volunteer*
Time Commitment: Varies
Sign up to be called for various special events/projects that happen throughout the year. Examples: Sport A Shirt, Light A Luminary, golf tournaments etc.
Time Commitment: Late afternoon/early evening for dinner; late morning for lunch
Great for groups! Meal groups plan a menu, shop in our pantry for staple items (may need to supplement with store-bought items) and come to the House to prepare your meal. Groups should have no more than 6 "chefs," and all participants must be 18 or older.
Visit our Make A Meal Program page for more information.
Sign up here to Prepare a nightly meal at the House.
Wish List Collections
Time Commitment: Varies
Having 21 bedrooms, the Ronald McDonald House of Eastern NC is in constant need of many household items. Collect any number of items and deliver to the House during regular hours. Great for schools groups, church groups, community organizations and businesses. Many groups encourage peers to bring Wish List items to upcoming meetings or host Wish List Drives to collect as many items as possible.
For an updated list of needs, visit our Wish List page.
Other Ways to Help
- Divide & Donate - Do you have a green thumb? Help beautify our gardens by dividing perennials and donating to the Ronald McDonald House. Click here to learn more.
- Collect Pop Tabs.
- Create door decorations for all 21 of our family bedrooms.
- Create "Thank You" cards for our families to send to their supporters.
- Quilting Program - numerous quilting guilds and individual quilters donate quilts/blankets for our families to ensure that every family goes home with a special gift for their child.
- Create goody bags for families. Examples: Toiletry Kits, Activity Kits for Children (puzzles, notepads, stickers, etc.), Goody Bags for Parents (books, magazines, stamps, etc.).
- Donate new toys or clothing items for Bingo prizes, Santa Room, etc.
- Have an idea for a new way to support our families? Let us know. Fill out our Third Party Fundraising Form to get started.