Home / COVID-19 Update
We need you!
Much like our the rest of our communities, our House is continuing to respond and stay updated on the rapid changes created by COVID-19.
An update of operational changes due to the pandemic:
- On March 16th, our in-person volunteer program including individual, group and meal groups, was suspended.
- On March 21st, Ronald McDonald Houses worldwide temporarily stopped accepting new families our Houses but continued to support the current families throughout the end of their stay.
- In August, we resumed accepting new families with new guidelines in place.
- Also in August, a Virtual Volunteer Program was created for volunteers to continue the support of our mission at home!
- We follow state and national disease-prevention guidelines, including screening and physical-distancing measures; this means most of our common room areas are closed.
How can you help?
- Our in-person meal program is still suspended, however meals are still needed for the families staying at our Houses. Meals can be delivered from a commercial kitchen such as restaurants. You may also provide a gift card to a local restaurant or grocery store to help support our families! Contact Katie Ashby for more information.
- One of the easiest ways to support our families is providing a financial contribution. These are needed more than ever!
- Check out our Ways to Help page for other opportunities or sign up to become a Virtual Volunteer.