Even if you cannot volunteer within our House, there are many ways in which you can contribute to the “House that love built.”
10 Ways to Give Back
1. Host a Wish List Drive at your school, church or among family and friends and collect items that our families use on a daily basis. Encourage peers to bring Wish List items to upcoming birthdays, celebrations, meetings, or host a Wish List Drive to collect as many items as possible. Then choose a day to deliver the items, see our House and take some pictures.
2. Collect pop tabs from family and friends
- Host a pop tab collection among your school, church or even among their friends and then choose a date to deliver them to our House! Great for kids!
3. Make a Meal for our families – cook at the House or bring food from a commercial kitchen!
4. Fund a Family – We ask for a $10 donation for each night of a families stay, however they are never turned away if they are unable to contribute.
5. Participate in one of our events! We have events all year round that you can sponsor or participate in:
- WNCT Telethon
- Character Breakfast
- Fall Mum Sale
- RMH Open
- Pirate Radio Bowling Bash
6. Buy Luminaries – While mainly bought during the holiday season, luminaries are perfect for any celebration: birthdays, weddings, graduations, and more!
7. If you are 16 or older, sign up to volunteer at one of our two Houses in Greenville!
- Complete an application by clicking on the “Volunteer Application” tab
8. Create door decorations for each of our bedrooms (25). Make some type of craft (wreaths, handmade projects, etc.) and attach a string to it so we can hang them on the doors (each door has a Command strip on it.)
9. Make goody bags for our families! Collect baby items (socks, pacifiers, onesies), puzzle books, toiletries, small toys, etc. and put them in a gift bag, box or goody bag that we can distribute to families. Please do not include any food or candy in the bags.
10. Purchase a Sport A Shirt! Each shirt cost $10 which supports a families night stay for one night. Consider buying shirts for your company, church, team, or family!
We love when young people are interested in our House and want to help support our families. Volunteers form an integral part of the Ronald McDonald House family and your support is deeply appreciated!
Unfortunately children having access to the House must be limited due to the presence of patients who are not able to fight germs. Children must be at least sixteen years old to volunteer inside the House, and those under eighteen must be accompanied by an adult.