Make A Meal
Thank you for your interest in preparing a meal for the families at the Ronald McDonald House. Whether it is an old-fashioned recipe or a sandwich tray from the local deli, meal groups truly make our House a home. Food prepared with compassion and care is the ultimate “comfort food” for our families.
- Please sign up on the form below. All available dates are blank. This calendar is only used to schedule dates for dinner, but if you are interested in breakfast or lunch please email the Volunteer Coordinator, Katie Ashby.
- If this is your first time preparing a meal for the Ronald McDonald House you’ll need to attend a brief orientation of the kitchen and pantry. At least one representative must attend.
- Ideal meal group size is 6-8 people. Due to the size of our kitchen, we ask that you limit the group to no more than 10 people.
- Children 12 years and older may participate but should be supervised by an adult. We ask that there are no more than 5 children (12-18 years old) in a meal group.
- No team member should participate if they have any illness or symptom of illness, no matter how minor.
- Serving time for dinner is between 5:30-6:00pm, breakfast is between 8:00-8:30am and lunch is between 11:30-12:00pm.
- All meals must be prepared at the House unless it is coming directly to the House from a commercial kitchen.
- You are welcome to dine with our families. If you do, please adjust the food supply accordingly and be mindful not to crowd our families. Some families enjoy interacting with volunteers while others enjoy eating quietly on their own.
- We encourage you to use items from our pantry. You are welcome to visit our pantry before your scheduled date and see what we have available for your use.
- If you are unable to meet your commitment, please provide as much notice as possible so we can make arrangements for our families. Takeout or delivery is perfectly acceptable if you find yourself in a pinch. Our families like to dine on pizza, subs, Chinese occasionally, too!
- Please view our Meal Group Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
As a courtesy to our families, if you are unable to make your scheduled meal date please call us at 847-5435 and let us know.
If you have any additional questions please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Katie Ashby, at 252-847-9050 or by email: Katie@rmhenc.org
Want to provide a delicious meal for our families? Please let us know by filling out the form below. Available dates for dinner are in the calendar above. Please allow a short processing time for your volunteer date to appear on the calendar.
ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED