Stay With Us
The Ronald McDonald House at Vidant Medical Center is located on the first floor of the James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital. The space features a 2,500 sq. ft. common area for use by all families, as well as six guest rooms. This facility is open to all families of pediatric patients, whether the child is hospitalized overnight or is here for an outpatient procedure. This area offers families a much-needed place of respite just steps away from their hospitalized children. Our hope is to bring comfort and care to even more families, giving them a home-like atmosphere right inside the hospital.
What Families Can Expect:
- Upon arrival, families sign in at the front desk. New families receive a brief orientation and tour of the House.
- Families are welcome to a kitchen and dining area, playroom, outdoor patio, and shower and laundry facilities.
- Guests can come and go as they like throughout the day.
- Families at the House can:
- Rest and relax away from the hospital setting
- Enjoy light meals, grab a quick snack or a cup of coffee
- Watch TV or play in the playroom
- Have use of two computers and free wireless internet for laptops
- Do laundry at no charge, using supplies donated for family use
- Seek comfort from other families in similar situations
For more information, please contact Shenella by giving us a call at 252-847-5435 or through email: email@example.com